19 June, 2018
Heathrow Airport are holding a number of Experience and Engage events to allow you to access information on the airports services for those with hidden conditions.
Spaces at these events are on a first come first served basis and can be booked by contacting us on 0118 939 1537 or email@example.com
- Launch the Experience and Engage Events – We welcome any passenger with a disability and their travelling partner/s to attend to a tour of Terminal 5 and experience the stages of support that are available on Saturday 14th July. The tour will start prompt at 11.00am and will last no-more than 2hours followed by an engagement session over a light lunch to listen to feedback. The event will finish by 14:30pm. Free parking will be provided. (Please respond by 22nd June)
- Travel with your wheelchair event (Date TBC)
Wheelchair users and companions are invited to an operational tour of one of Heathrow’s terminals to experience travelling through Heathrow and better understand airport and airline processes. The tour will start at 11:00 and last no-more than 2 hours followed by an engagement session over lunch to listen to feedback. The event will finish by 14:30/15:00.
- International Day of older people (Sunday 30th September)
An afternoon tea party at a scenic terminal spot to show and experience some of the services available whilst engaging in conversation. This day is aimed at elderly people and will enable discussion with people who would not necessarily identify themselves as requiring assistance.
- World Sight Day (Thursday 11th October)
People who have sight loss and companions are invited to an operational tour of one of Heathrow’s terminals to give people a feel for travelling through Heathrow independently or using the special assistance service. Following lunch there is the opportunity to showcase and discuss new technologies & services for people with visual impairments whilst engaging with the Heathrow team.
- UNICEF World Children’s Day (Saturday 24th November)
LHR will help celebrate world children’s day by inviting disabled children and their families to an airport activity day. For children there will be the opportunity to build their own model airport, plus an airside tour of the airport to include seeing aircraft, the runways and control tower! Parents can speak with the LHR team about their journeys and talk about how journeys can be improved.
- International Day of persons with disabilities (Monday 3rd December)
People with a any disability are invited to an information day at Heathrow. The event will be held at a landside location to allow people without passports to attend and experience the airport environment. We will showcase videos and facilitate a presentation to explain processes when flying through LHR to help answer questions and engage.
- World Autism Awareness Week (Saturday 23rd March 19)
A behind the scenes tour of Heathrow’s operations for young adults with Autism or learning disabilities to learn how the airport is run – and how a career may be developed at Heathrow. With the support of employees who are on the spectrum, a group of young people and their companions will be invited to listen to a short talk and join a tour of rarely seen parts of the airport journey and operations, depending on the attendees interest. The ATF afternoon session will focus on listening to passengers’ experiences of the journey as a whole.
For further information on any of these dates please contact us on 0118 939 1537 or firstname.lastname@example.org