- About Us
- Brief history
- Meet the team
- Our president
- Our volunteers
- Our trustees
- Join Us
Colostomy UK is a trading name of Colostomy Association Ltd and is registered under the General Data Protection Regulation number Z9295190. The data we hold is managed in strict accordance with the act.
When you visit our website, we collect a certain amount of personal data. We respect your personal data and take its security very seriously.
• We respect your personal data and take its security
• We only hold what data we need for the purpose for which we obtained it.
• We delete your data when it has reached the end of its retention period.
• You have privacy rights.
• We are happy to answer your questions. Our contact details can be found at the end of this notice.
What data we hold
When you visit our website, we collect the following:
• IP Address/ MAC address
When you register as a supporter on our website, we may collect the following:
• Name and contact information including postal and email address, and telephone number.
• Demographic information such as your reason for registering, your date of birth, type of
stoma, reason for surgery, and year of surgery.
How we use your personal data
We require this information to understand your needs and to help provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping
• To improve our database
• To send you copies of our support magazine Tidings (On request)
References to the legal basis for processing of your personal data (e.g. “(Basis: Art. 6(f).)”) are a reference to the article of the General Data Protection Regulation. Each piece of personal data that we process must have a legal basis.
We use the logs from our servers to help with our company’s security as well as to look at visitor behaviour (e.g. which website pages get the most traffic or are the most popular).
(Basis: Art. 6(c): we have a legal obligation to protect the data of our customers and our staff. Art. 6(f): strategy planning is a legitimate activity for a business.)
You have rights in respect of our processing of your personal data which are:
• To access to your personal data and information about our processing of it. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal data (but we will need to remove information about other people).
• To rectify incorrect personal data that we are processing.
• To request that we erase your personal data if:
• We no longer need it.
• If we are processing your personal data by consent and you withdraw that consent.
• If we no longer have a legitimate ground to process your personal data; or
• We are processing your personal data unlawfully
• To object to our processing if it is by legitimate interest.
• To restrict our processing if it was by legitimate interest.
• To request that your personal data be transferred from us to another company if we were
processing your data under a contract or with your consent and the processing is carried out
automated means. If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details at the end of this notice.
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties.
On occasion we may send you mailings that we believe you may find interesting from third parties. The basis for this is legitimate interest.
This is the length of time that we will continue to process or store your personal data.
Data enquiries: duration of enquiry, then 1 year
Data about registered supporters: The length that you are registered with us.
Data about financial donors: The length that you are registered with us and 7 years for HMRC and accounting purposes.
In the event of wanting further information about your Data Subject rights, or in the case of making a complaint, you can contact the ICO, the supervisory authority in the UK on 0303 123 1113, or via the website here https://ico.org.uk.
Colostomy UK, Enterprise House, 95 London Street, Reading, Berkshire RG1 4QA
Telephone 0118 939 1537 email email@example.com