ConvaTec Me+ Runnymede Roadshow – Our 3rd Roadshow for 2019 !
06 September, 2019
ConvaTec Me+ is proud to present the 3rd Roadshow for 2019. The ever-popular roadshow has been expertly designed specifically for those living with a stoma at any stage of recovery.
The event takes place on Saturday 28th September.
The Runnymede on Thames hotel, is a stunning setting on the banks of the River Thames. The roadshow offers practical workshops, complementary therapies, stoma checkups from a qualified nurse and plenty of advice and support.
The Workshops have been designed to cover a range of topics and support, designed specifically for ostomates, and will take place throughout the day, from 10 am until 4 pm.
Workshop 1 Movement and Recovery
- Guided safe movement with our me+™ recovery team on strengthening your core
- Try some gentle exercises to help with your recovery
- Take away our guide to exercise so you can continue at home
Workshop 2 Healthy Hydration
- Expert hydration advice from our Amcare™ Group nurses
- Dispel the myths about what you can and can’t drink
- Try some samples of the best rehydration drinks
Workshop 3 Emotional Wellbeing
- Session run by our specialist trained counsellor
- Join like-minded people and open up in a safe environment
- Learn ways to help you move forward
Workshop 4 Relationships & Intimacy
- Expert advice from stoma care nurse Kevin Hayles
- Learn about the sexual response cycle, intercourse, outercourse and discretion
- Find out about the sexual dysfunctions associated with stoma surgery for both males and females
In addition to the workshops, visitors can also book in to meet with a specialist stoma care nurse. Whether you are struggling with your stoma care routine or need advice on product choice, or maybe you have sore irritated skin, our Amcare™ Group nurses are available to offer confidential care and support.
Your one to one appointment will take place in a private setting at the event.
Why not relax on the day with one of our complementary therapies?
Take this opportunity to relax with a hand massage or have your nails painted by our qualified beautician and ostomate Charlie? We are also offering head and neck massages from a qualified therapist.
ConvaTec Me+ will also have various freebies to take away, along with lots of leaflets and advice.
These events are very popular, however don’t worry if tickets are sold out – additional drop in sessions will also be available throughout the day – simply come to the welcome desk and book your appointment.
To book on to the event you can book direct on: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/convatec-stoma-health-roadshow-surrey-tickets-64725758486
Make a Splash – Colostomy UK
20 minutes down the road at Windsor Leisure Centre, Berkshire, there is also a Colostomy UK make a splash event, so why not pop along to our event before or after your swim? (2-4pm)
To learn more about ConvaTec Me+, please visit us on https://meplus.convatec.co.uk/
We look forward to meeting you soon!
ConvaTec Me+ Team