- About Us
- Brief history
- Meet the team
- Our president
- Our volunteers
- Our trustees
- Join Us
Colostomy UK are looking for volunteers based in the North East of England to take part in a virtual eight week pilot programme starting March 15th designed to support people living with a stoma to eat healthily and exercise.
Sessions will run twice weekly via zoom with one focusing on exercise and the other structured group dietary intervention, with the aim of supporting participants in making small steps to better health. We are delighted to be working with Personal Trainer Jo Prance, and Consultant Dietitian and Colorectal specialist Sophie Medlin.
Aims of the project include:
– Increased uptake of exercise
– Increased confidence with physical activity
– Increased intake of fruit and vegetables
– Reduction in the consumption of processed foods
Participants must commit to the following:
– An eight-week programme at a set time (Monday and Thursday from 6pm to 7pm) which includes an exercise and nutrition classes
– Completing a minimum of a 150 minutes of additional exercise per week, ideally five 30 minute sessions at moderate intensity.
– Completing a weekly progress activity log
– Be prepared to be part of a closed Facebook support group
– Have access to zoom
If you’re interested in taking part and live in the North East of England please email Giovanni.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.