Ways to get active
Thre are loads of things you can do to get active and it doesn’t have to involve an epic challenge; just set yourself a goal that works for you. You might already be active… if so, that’s great – just start to measure what you do!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Walking the dog.
- Walking to the shops instead of catching the bus or driving.
- Take up jogging using the NHS couch to 5k app to guide you – https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k
- Swimming 100m a week at the pool.
- Mowing the lawn.
- Take the stairs instead of the lift.
A bit more active
- Cycling or walking to work.
- Playing a game of tennis once a week.
- Going for a country hike or climbing a hill.
- Taking part in a team sport such as basketball or netball.
- Play for your local rugby or football team .
- Take part in your local Park Run http://www.parkrun.org.uk/
- Take part in a 10K run, half or full marathon.
- Cycle the distance from Lands’ End to John o’ Groats over a 6 month period.
- Swim the length of the English Channel in your local pool
- Go on a ‘Full on stomp’ on Dartmoor with Stress Free Outdoors http://stressfreeoutdoors.co.uk/
- Climb Snowdon or Ben Nevis!