01 September, 2019
Every step you take helps us towards our goal. You don’t need to run marathons! Stoma 66 is all about putting more focus on being active over a longer period of time and making small but positive changes to your life. So set a goal that works for you. Some ideas to inspire you:
- Walking the dog.
- Walking to the shops instead of catching a bus or driving.
- Mowing the lawn.
- Taking the stairs instead of the lift.
- Swimming 100m a week at the pool.
- Take up jogging using the NHS Couch to 5k app.
- Walking or cycling to work.
- Playing a weekly game of tennis.
- Going for a country hike.
- Playing for a local team.
- Taking part in your local park run.
- Take part in a 10k run or marathon.
- Swim the length of the English Channel in your local pool.
- Climb Snowden, Ben Nevis or take on the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge.
Colostomy UK recommends that before taking up our challenge you speak with your stoma care nurse or GP.